Tuesday 21 May 2013

Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina ‘flattered’ by Barcelona interest

Barca boy: Pepe Reina began his career at the Nou Camp (Picture: AP)

Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina has admitted he is flattered to be continually linked with a move to Barcelona but believes there has been no 'serious' contact between the two clubs yet.

The 31-year-old began his career at the Spanish giants and has been tipped as the man to replace the outgoing Victor Valdes as the Barca No. 1.

Reina is on a long-term contract at Liverpool and maintains he is happy at Anfield.

However, talk of a potential return to Spain refuses to go away and the Reds stopper admits he is humbled by the rumours.

'I have three more years with Liverpool. I’m satisfied, comfortable and my family are very happy,' he told radio station Cadena Ser.

Shot-stopper: Reina in action for Liverpool against Chelsea (Picture: Getty Images)

'Rumours are difficult to control but it’s flattering when a club like Barca are interested in you.

'I don’t know if there has been contact between the clubs or with my agent. At the moment I don’t think there’s anything serious.'

Reina has never hidden his desire to finish his career in his homeland and insists he has only fond memories of his time at Barcelona.

'The years I was in Barcelona were very good, I don’t have any bad feelings about not succeeding there,' he said.

'I played more than 50 games, when I was less than 20, it helped me grow a lot.

'I would’ve liked to have played there more, of course, but there’s no need to over-dramatise things.'

MORE: Gerrard urges Rodgers to splash the cash




~Metro » Football | Metro UK~
Read more... http://www.chelseamashup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment