Tuesday 12 March 2013

No action to be taken against Ferdinand for Torres trip

161627767

Lost by most journalists in the utter insanity that was the second half of Chelsea's FA Cup match against Manchester United on Sunday was this stunt pulled by Rio Ferdinand on Fernando Torres:

That's... well, it's not very nice, and although it wasn't noticed during the match, you'd expect some action to be taken for a deliberate and malicious (although not particularly violent) off-ball challenge like that. Well, you'd expect it if it wasn't Ferdinand and Howard Webb dealing with a Chelsea player.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I was hoping for at least a wrist-slap. I don't really know why I bothered -- rank cowardice in the form of kicking people with their backs turned (for no apparent reason, no less) is obviously something we should seek to keep in the sport. Rio Ferdinand, everyone!

~We Ain't Got No History - All Posts~

No comments:

Post a Comment